Advania is a Leading Nordic IT Company Which Offers Diverse Services and Solutions, Hosting and Data Center Services
Welcome to IT
Advania covers information technology from A to Z, offering its customers a one-stop-shop for integrated IT services and solutions.
- 1.100 employees, 17 offices in 3 countries: Iceland, Norway and Sweden
- Over 10,000 clients in the public and private sectors in the Nordics and Europe
- 70 years of technology service to businesses
We pride ourselves in providing customers the best possible service, a diverse but integrated range of solutions and services, a competent and innovative professional staff, and proven managerial skills. Our operations are certified by the international quality and security standard ISO 27001. Our solutions are used by a diverse group of customers in the public and private sectors.
We trace our roots to 1939 when company EJS was founded in Iceland
The entrepreneur Einar J. Skulason starts the company EJS 1939. Skýrr was founded by the Icelandic government and the city of Reykjavik in 1952 for computing and record keeping. Skýrr was privatized in 1995.
In 2009 – 2011 the following Icelandic companies were merged under the Skýrr brand: Skýrr, Kögun, Landsteinar Strengur, Eskill, EJS and Teymi. Hands AS in Norway and Kerfi AB in Sweden became Skýrr subsidiaries.
In January 2012 Skýrr and HugurAx in Iceland, Kerfi in Sweden and Hands in Norway merged under one name: Advania. The company has a staff of 1.000 and operates in three countries.
In 2014 the Swedish investment group AdvInvest acquired a majority stake in Advania from the Iceland Enterprise Investment Fund (IEIF). In 2015 AdvInvest acquired remaining shares from IEIF.
Advania supports a number of causes which benefit the community
Partnership with the Children With Cancer Supporting Trust in Iceland
- Icelandic children under the age of 16 who have been diagnosed with cancer receive a Dell laptop computer to assist them with schoolwork and facilitate communication with family and friends.
- Advania runs the IT systems of the trust.
Partnership with the Icelandic Handball Association
- Provision of IT services and software development for its websites
- Development of a system to display the schedule for handball tournaments in Iceland online
Partnership with Reykjavik UniversityIncrease the number of graduates in business intelligence, management, and information technology by providing financial support and working closely with the university in teaching, development of courses and disseminating knowledge.
Environmental PolicyAdvania follows strict policies to ensure that we comply environmental regulations. Advania protects our natural resources by doing the following:
- When it is feasible, Advania conserves natural resources by using recycled materials and supplies, efficiently using energy. Advania encourages and supports the sustainable use of renewable natural resources
- We reduce, and where possible, eliminate waste through source reduction and recycling at our facilities. All waste is safely and responsibly handled and disposed of
- Advania urges partners and suppliers to develop, manufacture, and market products that are safe for their intended use. Our environmental policies and practices aim to protect, conserve, and sustain the world's natural resources and also protect Advania customers and the communities where we live and operate.
Making Environmental Stewardship Part of Our Business Relationships
- We strive to incorporate our environmental principles into our business relationships. We seek similar commitments to the environment from our major suppliers
- We participate in industry groups to set industry standards on environmental practices
- We strive to keep our customers informed about our efforts and welcome their feedback